IETA LIVE CARBON MARKETS – THE ROLE OF FINANCIAL STAKEHOLDERS IN CARBON MARKETS
September 7, 2022
Hosted by IETA, Supported by IEA and EPRI
The panel will explore the role financial institutions and other non-compliance market participants play in carbon markets by providing liquidity, improving market resilience and ensuring that market incentives work in practice. The speakers will discuss why diversity of participation is important to the proper functioning of an emissions trading system and what lessons we can learn from market design in different jurisdictions.
Our panel of experts includes:
prof. Simone Borghesi, Director, Florence School of Regulation - Climate
· Mette Quinn, Head of Unit, ETS Policy Coordination and International Carbon Markets, DG Climate Action, European Commission
· Zhang Chen, Director of Innovation Business Department, Guangzhou Emissions Exchange
· Kyunghwa Jeon, Climate Finance Department Head, Korea Investment and Securities
· Mark Lewis, Head of Climate Research, Andurand Capital Management
· Yann Andreassen, Lead Analyst - EU Carbon and Power Market, ICIS
Julia Michalak, EU Policy Director, IETA
This pre-conference webinar precedes the 22nd edition of the Greenhouse Gas Emission Trading Workshop, co-organised by the IEA, IETA and EPRI, which will take place on 4-6 October 2022 at the IEA headquarters in Paris.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Julia Michalak (email@example.com) or Andrea Bonzanni (firstname.lastname@example.org).